The author of this blog does not believe in the legitimacy of product or content licensure, however, certain tittles and tistens must be in place to prevent armed conflicts. For this reason, this project is covered under the BipCot No-Gov License. Find out more at www.BipCot.org.
The Beastlick Internet Policy Commission Outreach Team recently produced a new media license, similar to the existing GPL license. However, unlike any other media license, it does not hinge it’s enforcement on the violence of the state being used to enforce it.
As a matter of fact, it is the only valid license that allows use by anyone EXCEPT governments and government employees. Enforcement of the license hinges on honor and shame as opposed to the violence of the state used to enforce the benighted concept of intellectual property.
As is the case with all things created by Michael W. Dean, the BipCot NoGov License is simultaneously something functional and farcical. It is functional as a legitimate media license that operates in the typical legal jurisdiction of copyright, EULA, and copyleft, granting the user of such a license some degree of protection from the insanity of IP laws and courts. It is also farcical at the same time, mocking the entire system of copyright law and courts, hinging its enforcement on shame and disallowing government use demonstrates the anarchist ethos in a peaceful manner.
So, if you make anything and put it out on the market, I recommend you follow in the footsteps of HYPERCRONIUS and Ninja Trek, by licensing it with the only anarchist media license that currently exists:
BipCot NoGov Media License (www.bipcot.org), version 1 / No warranty of usability of Mad Philosopher materials.
This original media was made by license holder Mad Philosopher, 2014-present. All rights to make fun of you reserved. MadPhilosopher.xyz.
Redistribution and use in any form, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions in unaltered form must retain the entirety of this license.
2. Redistributions in altered form must reproduce the entirety of this license.
3. Neither the name of the license holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this media without specific prior written permission.
4. Governments, and agents and subcontractors of same, are not permitted to use this media or derivations of this media.
5. If governments, agents and subcontractors of same use this media, or derivations of this media, all agencies and persons directly and knowingly involved may be shamed in public, by name, on the Internet, on radio, and in any media now extant or invented in the future, throughout the known universe and elsewhere, in perpetuity. Governments, agents and subcontractors of same that use this media, or derivations of this media, agree to endure this shaming, without comment or action.
6. Any person or entity that violates any part of this agreement will also be shamed as above, and agrees to endure this shaming, without comment or action.
7. The BipCot NoGov Media License adapts the first 3 clauses of the 3-Clause BSD license (Berkeley Software Distribution license) and adapts the BSD "as is" text at the end. The 3-Clause BSD license is in the Public Domain. However, there is no partnership or endorsement created or implied between the creators or users of The BipCot NoGov Media License and the creators or users of the BSD license, or vise versa.
THIS MEDIA IS PROVIDED BY THE LICENSE HOLDER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LICENSE HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS MEDIA, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.